Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Case Management opening in Abilene, Texas. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job in Abilene, Texas. The Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday Days!Fantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employment Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Overview:
- Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families for case management
- from a variety of sources such as discharge/disposition planning, referrals, the Medical
- Evaluation Board (MEB) process, the healthcare system, employers and facility staff. Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough collection of patient's physical, emotional, psychological, social and medical status and information via direct patient contact and other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers, medical records, family/caregiver interviews.
- Planning. Develops an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and long term goals, objectives and actions. Coordinates, collaborates, and obtains approval of the plan among the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the healthcare team.
- Guides the patient and family/care giver through the healthcare system,
- maximizing use of resources. Coordinates and executes the plan of care, optimizing access to appropriate services. Ensures necessary referrals are ordered by the appropriate discipline and coordinated. Serves as an advocate for, and ensures education is provided to, the patient and family/caregiver as required. Promotes adherence to treatment plans for improved healthcare outcomes.
- Ensures coordination of care delivery processes, to include alternate healthcare
- settings and the home environment, for the purposes of enhancing the patient's health and wellness, safety, productivity, and quality of life, and for providing the most beneficial, cost effective health care. Develops, utilizes and maintains a variety of military and community resources to optimize access to services and medical care. Ensures timely and appropriate provision of services.
- Documents and updates the treatment plan as needed in accordance with existing DoD, AF, local facility and other agency guidelines. Maintains documentation and data collection in accordance with DoD, AF, local facility and other specified agency guidelines.
- Conducts and/or participates in program evaluation as directed.
- Monitoring and evaluation may include, but is not limited to: patient's adherence and response to the treatment plan; timeliness of patient and family/caregiver contact and follow-up; identification of variances, patterns or trends from established practice guidelines and/or standards; established outcome measurements; results of interventions, treatment delivery and timeliness of care; and utilization of resources.
- Monitors and evaluates the facility's case management program per DoD, AF and local policies and guidelines.
- Travel: Travel outside of the local MTF and/or off the military installation may be necessary.
- When needed, travel to the patient's military living quarters during inspections to inspect and advocate for the patient's medical and special physical requirements and to verify that the housing being provided is safe, accessible, and facilitates the care and recovery of the member.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to nursing and case management.
- Participates in the orientation and training of other staff. May serve on committees, work groups, and task forces at the facility. Registered Nurse (RN) - Case ManagerJob Qualifications:
- Computer Skill Competency
- One year experience as a RN CM within the past two yearsAssociates Degree of Nursing (ADN) Graduate from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited college or universityCertification - one of the following:
Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S)National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. jurisdiction. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals! Keyphrases: medical case management jobs, case manager jobs, case manager consultant jobs, case management consultant jobs, geriatric case management jobs, case management nursing jobs, nurse case manager jobs
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Abilene , Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager, Executive , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!