Associate Veterinarian - AAHA Small Animal - Abilene, Texas
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Are pets your passion? Is keeping them happy & healthy your
number-one priority? Do you have a deep-seated need for helping
make a difference in the lives of pets and their people? Are you
someone who enjoys visiting with clients and building those
all-important professional relationships? Good! So do we! If you
have what it takes to provide top-quality care in a cutting-edge
small-animal practice, then we want to talk to you!
We are located in friendly Abilene, Texas, we have the best of all
worlds: city conveniences, small town charm, and NO rush hour
traffic! Home to Dyess AFB, and 3 universities, Abilene boasts a
low cost of living, and easy access to area lakes and recreational
areas. With 2 Exemplary school districts (Wylie I.S.D. and Jim Ned
I.S.D.), your kids can receive a top-quality education, too.
Windmill Animal Hospital, opened in September 2011, is sited in a
clean, bright, modern facility, with plenty of room for expansion.
AAHA-accredited since March 2012, Windmill is a fully integrated
Idexx digital practice, with Cornerstone electronic medical
records, full Idexx in-house laboratory suite, and CR digital
radiography. CO2 surgical laser, 12 watt therapeutic laser and
ultrasound are included in our diagnostic and treatment arsenal.
Offering grooming and boarding services, Windmill provides an
exceptionally high level of patient care and client service, in a
well-organized, smooth-running environment.
Under the guidance of the managing veterinarian-the Associate
Veterinarian will help us fulfill our promise to our clients to
make their pets' health our top priority, and excellent service our
- Examine pets to evaluate their health issues
- Design diagnostic and treatment plans for ill pets
- Recommend preventative care tailored for the unique needs of
- Communicate with and educate our clients about their pets'
general care, medical conditions and recommended treatments
- Leverage doctor time by utilizing our highly skilled lay
- Create & maintain thorough patient medical records
- Perform routine Small Animal Surgery (spays, neuters, lumps &
bumps, enterotomies, etc)
- Treat and dress wounds and other injuries
The Associate Veterinarian will NOT have after-hour
responsibilities or emergency shifts.
- DVM degree (or equivalent)
- Texas veterinary license
- National Accreditation
- Competent surgical skills for routine small animal
- Decent typing skills--all our records are electronic
- Enjoy visiting with clients and building those all-important
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence
and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job
done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet
deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to
How We're Different
Windmill has always paid well above industry average. We do this
because we hire for the long-term, both with our doctors and our
lay staff. Windmill veterinarians receive a generous compensation
package which includes base salary + monthly bonus, SIRA, health
insurance stipend, c.e. stipend, and reimbursement for dues,
licenses and professional liability insurance. Additional benefits
include 5 days vacation and 3 days sick leave awarded annually.
Additional bonus vacation and sick leave days are accrued monthly.
Windmill veterinarians average 21 paid days vacation/sick leave
annually, NOT including paid Federal holidays. The Windmill
veterinarian's work week is typically 36 to 40 hours, with no
emergencies or after-hours care. All major holidays (New Years,
Memorial Day, July 4th , Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas) are
also paid.Employment Type: Full Time
Keywords: iHire, Abilene , Associate Veterinarian - AAHA Small Animal - Abilene, Texas, Healthcare , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!