Company: CSL Behring LTD
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the efficient and effective collection of plasma
from donors by performing venipuncture, monitoring the pheresis
process and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- In compliance with SOPs, performs all aspects of the pheresis
procedure and plasma collection, including donor set-up, donor
monitoring and donor disconnect.
- In compliance with SOPs and Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
guidelines, performs venipuncture on donors to begin pheresis
- Evaluates vein performance of the donor to identify possible
problems; makes necessary corrections in order to expedite donation
time and ensure product quality and donor safety. Ensures donation
process is efficient and makes adjustments when necessary to make
the process a positive experience for the donor.
- May educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made
from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health
screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees,
center policies, proper nutrition and any other information
pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are
answered timely, accurately and professionally.
- Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with
reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
- Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that
occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and
alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
- Required to perform calibrations and verify that maintenance
has been performed as outlined in the SOPs. Required to respond to
and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident
documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from
- Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous
turnover. Alerts Group Leader of Supervisor of donor flow
- Collects arm samples or whole blood samples from donors for
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum twelve (12) months experience in a medical or health
care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education
- (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or
other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time;
however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified
candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring
a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and
part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on
the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human
plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious
diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed
to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Behring LTD, Abilene , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!