Posted on: July 31, 2022
NEW YEAR, NEW NURSING RATES!$24.46 to $26.47 PER HOURPAY FOR
EXPERIENCENEW GRADS WELCOME DISCOVER CORRECTIONAL HEALTHCARE,
DISCOVER CORECIVICNO CALL OFFS, GUARANTEED HOURS, OVERTIME
AVAIABLEVARIETY OF CAREER PATHS At CoreCivic we do more than manage
inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking
Licensed Vocational Nurses who have a passion for providing the
highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Licensed
Vocational Nurse is responsible for the performances of basic
nursing duties to include execution of physician orders, operation
of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the physician
in examinations and treatments and performs technical/clinical
procedures within the scope of his/her license. Assists in the
professional management of the facility medical department. The
successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following
functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the
actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required
by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or
equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Assist supervisor with evaluating the provision of all medical
services to prevent the inappropriate use of duplication of those
services. CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that
includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k)
with company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate
as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Abilene , LVN (FT), Healthcare , Valera, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!