Retail Stocking Crewmember
Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Posted on: October 9, 2018
- Restocks merchandise from back stock based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand or advertised specials.
- Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons or crates of product, checking invoice against items received and indicating any discrepancies tosupervisor or the Store Inventory Coordinator.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or anyother task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
- Stamps, attaches, or changes price tags on merchandise, or updates bin-labels or signage according to system parameters.
- Stocks storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise
- Sets up signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Assists customers with product questions and purchases.
- Maintains neat, clean work area, keeps aisles and walkways clear and removes cartons and debris from work area.
- Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application.
- Answers store telephone to answer customer questions about product availability and quote prices.
- Transports merchandise to specified areas for customer pickup or delivery.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions as required.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, anddecimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, Abilene , Retail Stocking Crewmember, Hospitality & Tourism , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!