Assistant District Manager
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Friday, April 19, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused
media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening
communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national
reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people
monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer
experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY
and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services
companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company
Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Assistant District Manager - Part Time (Dock Worker)
Gannett Publishing Services
Abilene, TX - Abilene Reporter News
Gannett Publishing Services, located in Abilene, TX is recruiting
for a part-time Assistant District Manager. The Assistant District
Manager will assist the District Manager and has distribution
responsibility for all Home Delivery operations. The Asst. Route
Manager may also receive work assignments within many areas of the
distribution function, which may include transportation, customer
service, and redelivery operations.
- Achieve company objectives and oversee an independent
contractor carrier force.
- Ensure goodwill between company and independent contractors and
ensure compliance with contract terms, under the guidance of the
- Contribute to growing circulation volumes and revenue within
the assigned district.
- Ensure customer/subscriber satisfaction levels are met or
- Distribute products to independent contractors and assist with
delivering open/down routes.
- Other related duties as assigned, including transportation,
customer service, and redelivery operations.
- Valid driver's license, dependable vehicle, liability insurance
at good motor vehicle record are required for this position.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with minimal daily
supervision and high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to problem solve, resolve issues & complaints,
demonstrate sound reasoning, exercise judgment, and make
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute
newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and
repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-40
- Ability to work flexible overnight hours, available at any time
as needed to include weekends and holidays.
High school diploma or equivalent required, a college education
will help in advancement opportunities.
Strong leadership ability to lead a mixed workforce of employees
and independent contractors spread out across several different
Strong PC skills including word processing and spreadsheet
Knowledge of Salem area.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran
GPS - District Manager
Keywords: Gannett, Abilene , Assistant District Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!