Accounting Services/Payroll Specialist
Company: Eide Bailly
Posted on: July 14, 2019
About the team:Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in
the nation. We have over 30 offices in 15 states across the Midwest
and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the
opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our
culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on
supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and
pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide
Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we
do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it! We are in
process of aggressively expanding our Internal Audit services
practice, and are looking for motivated, and skilled professionals
to lead our client service delivery, and grow this service line
through business development efforts.
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not
just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on
collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly
encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate.
This program allows interested employees to complete a rotation
into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making
work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in
our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the
Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as
well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year.
We support living healthier lives with perks like a Wellness
Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases each year. Most
importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun
work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and
learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.Job you will
do:Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life as a Accounting Services/Payroll
Specialist in Abilene may include the following:
- Process live or after-the-fact payroll for our clients and
record payroll-related entries.
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Payroll tax filing and reporting
- Garnishments and child support rules and calculations
- Taxes for multiple states
- Taxability of employee benefits
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Work closely with assigned outsourced accounting team to help
ensure client success and timely delivery of services.
- May also include recording and overseeing client books,
- Bank and credit card account management -- record transactions,
monthly reconciliation and entering of loan and line of credit
- Revenue cycle management -- preparation of customer invoices,
recording of payments and deposits, etc.
- Expense cycle management -- record and pay vendor invoices,
record transactions, monthly reconciliations, etc.
- Monthly close processes, including month-end balancing and
- Analysis of GL accounts.
- Other bookkeeping transactions as necessary.
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of experience in payroll (experience in
bookkeeping is a plus!).
- You are proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Word and
Excel). Experience with Apex HCM is a plus!
- You're comfortable and experienced with working in a paperless
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- You enjoy working with a team and you have a positive attitude
and willingness to learn new things and accept new
- You have a strong sense of urgency to handle a variety of
projects and meet required deadlines, and you are able to deal with
urgent and/or unexpected client matters that may arise.
- You are excited to learn about services our Firm offers and are
willing to make client connections.
- You have a strong customer service mentality.
- In addition to all of this, you have an Associate's degree or a
Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Business Administration preferred)
or related work experience. Additionally, a CPP or FPC designation
is a plus!
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without
the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position,
one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone
interview with you to learn more about your career interests and
goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
Keywords: Eide Bailly, Abilene , Accounting Services/Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!