Operations Manager Hauling
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a business unit, the Division Manager -
Collections is responsible for managing the collections activities
for commercial and residential customers, as well as container
delivery and pick up, in a geographically dispersed area. The
position manages a team of Operations Supervisors, Route
Supervisors, Dispatchers, Operations Clerks, Drivers and Helpers
who are responsible for the route system for commercial, roll-off
and residential customers throughout the division. The Division
Manager works with his or her General Manager and other managers
within in the business unit to execute a local market strategy that
complements the business unit's overall strategic operating and
marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive
functional excellence and budget achievement. The Division Manager
oversees all matters related to collections operations and oversees
effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all
operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change
management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that
contribute to the growth and durability of the operations of the
- Provide leadership for the collections operations of a business
unit by providing management oversight to route supervisors,
dispatchers, operations clerks, drivers and helpers, who are
responsible for the route system for commercial, roll-off and
residential customers, including prompt and courteous waste removal
service and customer service.
- Manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, performance
management; develop supervisory goals and objectives; and effective
resolution of safety issues and claims.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business unit's
strategic and operating plan; champion the execution of tactical
initiatives within the division to maximize the customer
experience, growth and durability, while optimizing
- Drive functional plans within the operations group to execute
against the business plan to achieve or exceed the division's
budget and strategic plan to grow the business, achieve customer
experience goals, and meet or exceed service business
- Lead all matters related to collections operations to ensure
overall operations meet safety, compliance and P & L
- Ensure maximum productivity and route management systems for
commercial, roll-off and residential routes and establish
productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating
standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses.
- Interact with customers and local, state and federal government
employees to resolve customer service concerns; ensure regulatory
compliance standards are met.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards
including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting
- Approve expenses and manage budget for the operations
department including approval of purchase orders and vendor
- Develop a best-in-class team and workplace culture and
effectively manage performance and talent development; drive
- Build and maintain strong and effective relations with relevant
government, community and environmental groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or
- Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sites.
- Experience in labor relations.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability
to execute against formulated strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Demonstrated ability to optimize near-term results that
contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Abilene , Operations Manager Hauling, Other , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!