OPEN UNTIL FILLED PAY RATE DOE + Q
This is atemporary full-time position working Monday through
Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and includes a 1 hour lunch break.
The position is expected to last at least until August 31, 2020,
Under general supervision, to perform a wide range of customer
service and administrative duties and support functions in Human
Resources. Provides administrative support to the Director and
appropriately directs City Hall lobby traffic.
This position does not exercise supervisory duties.
Examples of Duties
Greets and directs visitors to City Hall as well as answer
Provides administrative support for the Director of Human
Assists with general human resource functions including
recruitment, application screening, new hire processing, reference
checks, and pre-employment testing functions.
Process incoming and outgoing mail; process payment requests and
purchase requisitions, travel reimbursements as well as update the
budget tracking spreadsheet.
Support employees with TMRS, direct deposits, contact
information, and name changes.
Assist with entering information into Human Resource Information
System platforms including NEOGOV, Kronos, and Lawson.
Assist with salary surveys and other reports.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as
Administrative and office management principles, procedures and
General customer service.
Operate a computer and other office equipment.
Provide excellent customer service.
Maintain confidentiality of client information.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and initiative.
Organize and plan work activities to meet deadlines.
Use resourcefulness and tact when dealing with upset
Accommodate changing work priorities.
Communicate concisely both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work, both internally and
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values - Respect,
Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
Two (2) years of customer service and office administration
experience is required.
A high school diploma or a GED is required.
College level courses or administrative training is
License or Certificate:
No licenses or certifications are required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50
City of Abilene Core Values
- Demonstrating through our actions that we hold ourselves and
our citizens in high enough regard to do what we say we will do, in
the timeframe we commit to.
- Recognizing that everyone has dignity and deserves helpful,
courteous, and prompt attention.
- Consistently doing what is necessary, expected, and required,
and when able to do so, exceeding expectations.
- Possessing an unwavering commitment to doing the right things
- Consistently adhering to high professional and ethical
- Keeping commitments to our citizens, co-workers, and
Service Above Self
- Being open and approachable to council members, citizens, and
our fellow employees at all times.
- Treating our customers like we would like to be treated.
- Fostering a servant's heart in ourselves and each other by
conscientiously doing what is best for the community in all
- Passionately committed to serving others.
- Helping to make our citizens' lives better.
- Finding ways to say yes.
Excellence in All We Do
- Delivering on promises made, taking personal responsibility for
achieving community-minded goals.
- Leading by example, recognizing the importance of working
together to meet everyone's needs, treating everyone with courtesy,
dignity, and respect.
- Sharing resources and information freely.
- Communicating regularly and honestly with council members,
citizens, and employees.
- Having a can-do attitude.