It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much
good for others around the world!
Bachelor's Degree in Social Services or related field.
Minimum 2 year case management experience, job development, or
crisis intervention experience with young adults. Experience in
community building, event coordination, and public speaking is
important. Ability to maintain confidentiality with clients and
staff. Must have basic assessment skills and ability to work as
part of a team.
This position is responsible for using sound professional
judgment and best practices to ensure quality services are provided
to the service population especially in crisis situations while
maintaining compliance with established program standards.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected
to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations
in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
1. Case manages young adults from 16-21 who are eligible for
Case Management Services.
2. Develop detailed Individual Service Plans for each client,
meet with and assess progress, and maintain up to date client
3. Obtain approval for DFPS youth participation though
authorization form (2054) from DFPS PAL staff before providing
services to eligible youth.
4. Follow all DFPS guidelines and policies concerning PAL
5. Maintain organizational management structure which promotes
best practices, facilities optimum delivery of services
6. Monitor and maintain an internal policy and procedure manual
of the organizational structure and program function based upon:
Federal requirements, individual grant procedures and requirements,
and the agency's internal policies and procedures.
7. Guide, lead, develop and mentor interns to promote optimal
performance through regular communication and evaluations
8. Ensure that all staff within the supervised programs receive
the trainings necessary to provide the highest quality of
programming as possible.
9. Conduct monthly case reviews to ensure programs are following
guidelines and contact requirements
10. Work effectively with Program Director
11. Attend all client staffing, department, agency meetings, as
12. Provides Crisis management and case staffing for case
management support to high needs clients
13. Turns in receipts, case notes, expense reports, mileage
reports, and other required documentations for budget and billing
14. Make referrals to outside agencies, as necessary, and
15. Presents at conferences and other professional meetings on
16. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Complete initial intake assessments to youth seeking PAL
2. Meet with clients helping to develop and sign their
Individual Transition Plan or sign a review of the plan during each
face-to-face contact by PAL case manager.
3. Client files will be maintained according to all BCFS and
4. Enter required ETO data for all clients within 2 business
days of client contact and submit monthly reports as specified by
Program Director every month.
5. Program outcomes are tracked and achieved
6. Monthly and Quarterly reports are submitted to Program
7. Monitor program match and reporting
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the
position including but not limited to: First Aid CPR Other
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens and
maintain emotional control and professional composure at all
3. Provide proof or work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background and
motor vehicle check (fingerprints needed if applicant has lived out
of state within the past 5 years)
5. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service
population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
b. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English
c. Work in a fast paced environment.
d. Maintain computer literacy required to meet the
responsibilities of the position.
e. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both
independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
f. Travel as needed.
g. Manage time effectively and efficiently.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
The BCFS System is committed to following immunization
recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control
(CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must
receive an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved
exemption from the BCFS System as a medical or religious
accommodation. This is a condition of employment and all new hires
will be responsible for providing proof. Additional information
regarding this policy requirement will be provided upon hire.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a
difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated
organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all
employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color,
national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender
identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or
genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status,
partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other
reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster