Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Stocker________________ Store Manager
Title of Position Title of Supervisor
Retail All Locations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To keep the retail store properly stocked by unloading product
deliveries in a timely manner and moving product to the sales floor
in compliance with approved store plan-o-grams and floor
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintains a consistent and adequate stock of products on the
sales floor and warehouse shelves in a neat, consistent and orderly
condition by unloading and processing of freight deliveries.
- Assembles products for displays and customers as needed.
- Arranges displays to coordinate with sales promotions and the
season and makes plan-o-gram (POG) revisions as directed.
- Downstocks, faces and fronts all merchandise according to
Company merchandising standards.
- Assists customers in a professional and courteous manner, as
needed, such as getting merchandise for them and helping load
- Receives product in the store warehouse from the Company’s
distribution centers or directly from vendors. Records and notifies
Lead Stocker of any issues.
- Completes required paperwork to receive, transfer and return
product in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assures all safety requirements are met as related to require
forklift training and certifications and safety training.
- Participates in zero scan process to identify inventory
- Remains informed on all new and existing products and
- Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity
by following all Loss Prevention policies as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including product returns and
back door security procedures.
- Follows Company approved Customer Service Standards.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important information
developments, potential problems, and related information necessary
for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and
activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated
work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- • High school education or equivalent.
- • At least six months of related retail sales experience with
product place, store layouts or equivalent training.
- • Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
- • Flexibility in scheduling.
- • Ability to obtain forklift certification.
- • High mechanical aptitude.
- • Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- • Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- • Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk
- • Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- • Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and
- • Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of
- • Specific vision abilities required include close vision and
the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this position.
It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks
and skills required of people in the position.
SALARY GRADE: RT3
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Abilene , Stocker, Other , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!