Registered Nurse - Great Benefits!
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Texas Oncology is looking for a Registered
Nurse (RN) to join our team!This position will support the
Abilene location. Texas Oncology is the largest
community oncology provider in the country and has approximately
600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern
Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care
because they believed in making the best available cancer care
accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at
home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our
mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use
leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Registered Nurse (RN)do?
Under minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations.
Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and
developmental and age specific differences in the patient
population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and
the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to
provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family
needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program,
to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Texas Oncology requires new employees to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to
applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Collects and records nursing assessment and interventions.
- Reviews and reports the results of the health status assessment
and physical examination, pertinent laboratory data, radiographic
data and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients to the
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and
supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are
obtained prior to administration of therapies where
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and
- Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
- Maintains work environment
- Restocks the supply area as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents,
biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with
a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains all disinfection protocols.
- Maintains equipment according to quality control
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources
- Inter professional collaboration
- Assist and collaborate with clinical research.
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to
less experienced nurses
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in
ongoing educational opportunities.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) will have
the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board
of Nursing in practicing state
- Minimum of 1-5 years nursing experience, preferably in an
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current or pending oncology certification preferred
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Abilene , Registered Nurse - Great Benefits!, Other , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!