Company: Eide Bailly
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Business Outsourcing & Strategy/Accounting Services
Who We AreEide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business
advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states
across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff
and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries.
Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and
we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve
their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at
home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve,
the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working HereAt Eide Bailly we believe respect is
how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our
culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth.
Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our
EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit
employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote
happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with
being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to
service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable
donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to
volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have
fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent
free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings
and other events.
Typical Day in the LifeA typical day as an Bookkeeping Associate
might include the following:
- Work closely with clients to assess
general bookkeeping needs.
- Properly code and complete data entry of bank statements and
other bookkeeping transactions for clients.
- Process month-end calculations, reconciliations, and journal
entries for various balance sheet accounts; provide an analysis of
- Complete the month-end process for clients.
- Prepare reports, returns, and other documents as required,
including sales tax reports required by clients.
- Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax
- Provide back up support as needed to other bookkeeping team
members and their clients.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance on assigned
- Maintain compliance with project budgets, turnaround times, and
Who You AreIn the Bookkeeping Associate role, you will need
excellent communication skills as well as the ability to
effectively interact with all levels of client management and
staff, other Eide Bailly personnel and other external business
contacts. Further, you'll need an entrepreneurial spirit. What do
we mean? We're growing this practice, so we need someone who can
think on their feet, offer constructive feedback and take part in
sharing knowledge across the Firm.Some specific requirements
- You have a two- to four-year degree (accounting or business
administration preferred) or related experience.
- You preferably have 2+ years of experience in private/public
accounting, business or bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting and principles.
- You have strong technology skills... in other words, are you
- You're comfortable and experienced with working in a paperless
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- You enjoy working with a team and you have a positive attitude
and willingness to learn new things and accept new challenges.
- You are a multi-tasking master with a strong attention to
- You have a strong sense of urgency to handle a variety of
projects and meet required deadlines, and you are able to deal with
urgent and/or unexpected client matters that may arise.
- You are excited to learn about services our firm offers and are
willing make client connections.
- You have a strong customer service mentality.
- You're fine with some travel when needed.Must be authorized to
work in the United States permanently without the requirement of
sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect NextWe'll be
in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of
our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview
with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In
the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page. #LI-LH1
Keywords: Eide Bailly, Abilene , Bookkeeping Associate, Other , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!