Company: Scout Healthcare Staffing
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Restores patient's pulmonary function; alleviates pain; supports
life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory
* Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by
conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting
evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy
treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by
* Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by
administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators.
* Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing
bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises;
monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs,
arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing
treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
* Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by
observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending
adjustments and modifications.
* Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians,
nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing
to patient care conferences.
* Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families,
and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or
providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home
health follow-up programs.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
* Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by
keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
* Develops respiratory therapy staff by providing information;
developing and conducting in-service training programs.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Bedside Manner, Physiological Knowledge, Infection Control, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment,
Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Medical Teamwork, Judgment,
Procedural Skills, People Skills
Keywords: Scout Healthcare Staffing, Abilene , Respiratory Therapist, Other , Caddo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!