Supervisor, Blade Repair Services LEP
Company: RWE Renewables America, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RWE Renewables Americas LLC,RoscoeTo start as soon as possible,
Full time, PermanentKey Responsibilities & Purpose of Position
- Supervises & manages a decentralized team specializing in Blade
Repair & Inspection of wind turbine blades (internal /
- Supports North American operations and maintenance activities
of wind farms and related facilities to assure safety, minimize
budget variances, and maximize availability in accordance with the
Operations Mission Statement.
- Adhere to the Company's values and behaviors as aspired by RWE
and the RWE NA Operations Vision. The Supervisor will report to the
Blade Repair Services (BRS) Manager, North America and have overall
accountability for the execution of Blade Repair & Inspections in
accordance with the strategic plans and objectives of the
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans by
studying market conditions and internal operational needs,
identifying technological and cost reduction opportunities, and
presenting assumptions and recommending objectives and execution
strategies necessary to achieve internal cost reduction
- In conjunction with the BRS Manager, develops the BRS Annual
Business Plan, Mid-Term Plan (MTP) and Three-Year Forward Plan,
including financial, budgetary and FTE requirements.
- Manages, guides and supports inspection work instruction
development, technician training, safety and skills development,
quality management and quality control processes, resource
deployment and service delivery plans. Manages the goals,
strategies and performance measures for all aspects of BRS service
delivery; successfully implementing corresponding operational
plans, capital plans and other supporting initiatives within
approved budgets. Delivers cost reductions and prepares the BRS
business for possible external service deployment in future
- Coordinates planning and execution efforts with all stakeholder
Departments by establishing strong, collaborative relationships
with support departments. Provides essential skills, knowledge and
resources necessary to effectively and profitably deliver cost
savings and achieve goals, through collaboration with Operations,
HSE, Engineering, Procurement, Controlling, and Asset
- Establishes credibility with suppliers and manufacturers;
identifying new business opportunities within delegated levels of
authority and assuring consistency with the approved strategic
- Builds Company image by collaborating with manufacturers and
suppliers; enforcing ethical business practices and delivering
Operational Excellence and Service Quality in accordance with
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
organizational standards and performance metrics across all lines
of the business.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting,
orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining team
members; communicating values, strategies, and objectives;
assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising
job results; developing incentives; developing a climate offering
information and opinions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art
practices; and participating in professional societies.Work
- At least 5 years of overall business experience in the North
American wind energy industry or similar heavy industry.
- At least 2 years of supervisory, managerial and budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills with solid track record of
accountability and delivery of results.
- Previous profit and loss experience with a company or division
in the early stages of growth is preferred.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the U.S. business
- Experienced working with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Enjoys working with minimal direction and demonstrates a high
degree of entrepreneurial thinking.
- Strong commercial skills and business acumen is a must.
- The successful Candidate is intellectually strong, demonstrates
solid analytical competence, and is customer service focused, The
BRS Supervisor should thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess
a, "can-do" attitude while providing proven management
capabilities. This position will require excellent leadership and
interpersonal skills, strong team orientation, and the ability to
lead and inspire a Team.Education Requirements:
- B.S. in engineering or business administration, preferred.
- SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 4-year college degree from an accredited
school, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power,
or similar) ay substitute for 2 years of experience. A current
Journeyman or Master Electrician License may substitute for 2 years
of experience. An A&P degree or analogous military training,
along with a minimum of 2 years hands-on work experience may
substitute for 2 years of experience. A wind technician certificate
program can substitute for 1 year of experience.Working
- Typical office environment. Up to 50% travel may be required,
with long and irregular work hours from time to time on various RWE
and third-party wind sites throughout North America. May be
required to climb wind turbines & work from heights from time to
rwe.com/careerApply now with just a few clicks: ad code 79661We
look forward to meeting you!We value diversity and therefore
welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability,
nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs,
age or sexual orientation and identity.Of course, you can find us
on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.RWE represents change,
innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading
generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to
be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for
people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for
dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable
and secure energy future.RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen,
Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's
leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an
international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the
energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life.
Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore
and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage.
We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core
markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Keywords: RWE Renewables America, LLC, Abilene , Supervisor, Blade Repair Services LEP, Other , Roscoe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!