Chief Nursing Officer, CNO - West TX, Relocation assistance available
Company: Community Hospital Corp
Posted on: March 17, 2023
ContinueCARE Hospital at Hendrick Medical Center is a Long Term
Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) located on the 7th floor of the Jones
Building at Hendrick Medical Center. We enjoy the best of both
worlds by having a relationship with a large 364-bed acute care
hospital yet maintaining our small hospital atmosphere. The Chief
Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the day-to-day operations
of the clinical services of this LTACH. Under the direct
supervision of the CEO, the CNO is responsible for providing,
managing and supervising the clinical staff, ensuring that the
competency, numbers, and staff levels are appropriate to meet the
immediate and complex needs of patients.The CNO is responsible for
promoting the overall quality of nursing care while operating under
the ANA Standards of Practice. In conjunction with the professional
staff the CNO plans, coordinates, manages, and evaluates clinical
programs and services of the LTACH promoting a team approach to the
delivery of patient care provided by the LTACH. Major
- Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision. All
stakeholders should know the hospital's mission, vision, and
- Is responsible for the operational, strategic, financial and
clinical performance of the hospital.
- Works with Board, senior management team, physicians and staff
to develop, implement, and update strategies and opportunities for
growth and improvement to support the hospital's mission and
respond to external and internal issues.
- Provides for a system of control which clearly identifies
deviations from plans and budgets; assure periodic comparison of
performance and/or results against established standards for
objectives; and assure corrective actions for deviation from plans
so that annual results are in line with strategic goals.
- Maintains the hospital's compliance with all laws and
applicable regulatory and legal requirements. Retains all nursing
related hospital accreditations, licensures and designations in
good standing. Acts promptly to comply with required changes.
- Attracts and retains physicians; maintain high levels of
- Implements Board education and development programs through
internal and external resources.
- Provides hospital operations coaching or mentoring and serves
as a positive role model and mentor.
- Takes a proactive approach to managed care, healthcare reform
and related issues. Other General and Related Duties
- Is actively committed to quality of patient care, treatment,
and services. Measures and reports quality results to hospital and
corporate teams. Fosters continuous quality improvement.
Participates in corporate-wide and hospital-based performance
- Is actively committed to providing excellent customer service.
Strives to meet or exceed patient expectations/satisfaction in the
performance of job functions.
- Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding physician
expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
- Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding employee
expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
- Retains all nursing related hospital accreditations, licensures
and designations in good standing. Maintains compliance with all
laws and applicable regulatory requirements. Acts promptly to
comply with required changes. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree of Nursing from an accredited university
- MSN required or enrolled and progressing toward a MSN.
- Must possess and maintain current licensure as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Texas.
- A minimum of three years of direct patient care experience in a
LTACH or acute care setting is required.
- LTACH experience highly desirable. Critical care experience is
- Must show evidence of competency in supervising patient care
services through a minimum of two years leadership experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and
to prioritize objectives
- Strong self-motivation and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and relate well with others
building trust, collaborative relationships with staff, peers,
providers, vendors, community leaders, and academic partners.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage people and work with them in such a manner as
to build high morale and group commitments to goals and
- Ability to work with all levels of management and respecting
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others
- Ability to be trustworthy
- Ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative
- Ability to work with Medicare system and be adaptable to
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts and
terminology unique to the healthcare industry
- Possess a strong customer orientation
- Possess critical thinking skills
- Possess sound and accurate judgment and timely decision making
- A competitive salary will be offered including incentive
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package is offered as
part of total compensation.
- Relocation package offered if needed
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources and other benefits About ContinueCARE
Hospital at Hendrick Medical Center ContinueCARE Hospital at
Hendrick Medical Center is a 19-bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital
(LTACH) located on the 7th floor of the Jones Building at Hendrick
Medical Center. We enjoy the best of both worlds by having a
relationship with a large 364-bed acute care hospital yet
maintaining our small hospital atmosphere. Our employees are a
dedicated team who work together delivering the best possible care
for our patients. Since we have a longer length of stay, our staff
has the opportunity to know patients and families. We believe
spending quality time makes a difference. And we want to make a
difference.About Community Hospital Corporation:Community Hospital
Corporation is a Texas not-for-profit company whose sole mission is
to help not-for-profit hospitals remain community-operated and
governed. CHC owns, manages and consults with hospitals through
three distinct organizations - CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and
CHC Continue Care, which share a common purpose of preserving and
protecting community hospitals. Based in Plano, Texas, the
organization provides the resources and experience community
hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction
and financial performance.As a "hospital-within-a-hospital," we are
a separate yet fully licensed acute-care hospital with the ability
to provide intensive and complex medical treatment. Our specialty
programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of long-term,
acute-care patients.In compliance with the emergency regulation
issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and
company policy, CHC and its affiliate companies require all
employees to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or have an
approved medical or religious accommodation as a condition of
employment. As a result, these conditions must be met by the first
date of employment.CHC is a tobacco and drug free workplace. We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Community Hospital Corp, Abilene , Chief Nursing Officer, CNO - West TX, Relocation assistance available, Other , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...