Entry level Wind Generators Field Technician
Company: Shermco Industries
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About ShermcoSince 1974, Shermco has become North America's
largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing
organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems
are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional
Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy
Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places
Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done
with an emphasis on safety and client service. That's why we say---
if it's in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.Backed by
Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on
profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market
companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is
poised for the next decade and beyond.Shermco U.S. is seeking a
Wind Field Service TechnicianENTRY-LEVEL WIND GENERATOR AND
INDUSTRIAL MOTORS FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIANJoin the leader! Shermco
Industries is the largest independent electrical testing company in
North America and has one of the largest, safest & best organized
wind generator and motor repair field services and repair shops in
the Southwest. Due to continued growth, Shermco is seeking a Field
Service Technician to work on electric motors & generators both
up-tower in Wind Generators and at Industrial Sites in Oklahoma,
West Texas, and throughout the Central Plains.The Opportunity
- Shermco is an exceptionally stable and profitable non-union
- Seven time recipient of Best Places to Work award by the Austin
& Dallas Business Journals.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation
plan, plus lucrative overtime plan.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.Job
- Onsite inspection, testing & reconditioning of electric motors
& generators up to 13.2kV in wind towers and industrial sites.
- Install and remove electric motors and generators at customer
- Service and repair virtually all up-tower wind generator
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical, mechanical and hydraulic
malfunctions, variable pitch, variable speed turbines.
- Perform mechanical repairs on other drive train components, as
well as removal and replacement of generators, motors, gearboxes,
rotor assemblies and blades.
- Install and remove electric motor & generators at customer
- Conduct surge, insulation power factor, and hi-potential
- Perform alignment, precision balancing, calibration, scheduled
cleaning and predictive and corrective maintenance services and
- Collect vibration data and perform vibration analysis using an
analyzer (i.e. CSI).
- May occasionally do component replacement on cranes and make
bearing changes on gearboxes and generators
- May periodically replace or repair breakers and hydraulic pitch
systems.Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you
must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and required
- Diploma or certification in Wind Turbine Technology, strong
electrical background, or honorable discharge from the
- MUST be willing to travel overnight 80% of the time
- MUST have abilities and willingness to climb and work at or
above 300+ feet in all types of weather including extreme cold and
heat for extended periods of time, adhering to strict safety
guidelines, inside and outside of wind turbines.
- Prefer 1 year of some mechanical or electrical career
- Ability to read drawings, prints & schematics and use
multi-meters, amp clamps and basic electrical test equipment and
- Training in TRACTEL or ENSA rescue device desired, or Shermco
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and
- Weight restriction of no more than 285 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs, walk, climb, reach, kneel,
crawl, and balanceAdditional Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic,
unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background
- All offers are conditioned on acceptable results from a
background check and drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver's license, and currently have and be
able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to travel; minimum 40%.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE Shermco is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free
workplace. NO AGENCIES PLEASE No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited
resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency,
including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax
machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration
employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be
considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any
placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Keywords: Shermco Industries, Abilene , Entry level Wind Generators Field Technician, Professions , Sweetwater, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!