Company: Samuel Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPurpose: Jr. Estimator Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, interpret specs, prepare material take-offs,
and assist in obtaining quotations & lead times from suppliers for
use in estimates as directed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and general
- Interact with and maintain positive, efficient, and productive
working relationships with internal staff plus external suppliers
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and participate in
educational and training opportunities.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering drawings,
specifications, and related documents for various disciplines.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Assists in preparing estimates by assembling and displaying
numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
neededEssential Skills (may include but are not limited to the
ability to) • Ability to read & interpret construction specs &
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High attention to accuracy.
- Basic mathematical proficiency.
- Active listener and effective communicator.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to SEPC's Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by SEPC's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
- Climb stairs
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Samuel Engineering, Inc., Abilene , Jr. Estimator, Professions , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!