Part-Time Pharmacy Technician
Company: Avita Pharmacy
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Overview:The Pharmacy Technician will assist Pharmacists with
preparing and dispensing prescribed medications. The Pharmacy
Technician will also help Pharmacists provide patient care and
education. This position is based in Abilene, TX (426 Butternut
St.). The work schedule will consist of 4 hours every other week.
The pharmacy hours are Mon - Thurs 8AM - 5PM and Fri 8:30AM to 3PM.
Availability will be needed during those hours. (as needed).No late
evenings or weekends !About the Role:
- Remove drug(s) from stock; count, pour, or mix
- Place the product into a container
- Affix the label or labels to the container
- Package/repackage as needed
- Type prescription label(s) or enter prescription information
into a computer record system
- Verify/re-verify insurance benefits
- Interact courteously with patients and team members to develop
and maintain positive, professional relationships
- Answer incoming and make outbound calls to patients, case
managers, providers, insurance companies, etc.
- Clearly write routine reports and correspondence
- Handle payment transactions at Point of Service (POS) and
reconcile beginning and end-of-day transactions
- Coordinate prescription deliveries
- Proactively identify and analyze problems and provide effective
- Embrace and perform in the spirit of the company's core values
- Additional responsibilities as neededAbout You:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's degree or higher
preferred, especially in a related health field
- One or more years of related Pharmacy Technician
- Must be currently registered with the Board of Pharmacy (BOP)
- State "Certified" as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
- National Pharmacy Technician certification through an
accredited certification program is preferred
- Proficient in English, with strong verbal and written
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Strong MS Office computer skills with the ability to type 30+
- Experience with pharmacy software such as PioneerRx, QSI, etc.
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical/Health Records (EMR/EHR)
such as EPIC, NextGen, CERNER, etc. preferred
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to get to and from
our Abilene, TX pharmacy on a regular daily basis
- Must have a positive attitude, be energetic and flexible, have
excellent phone etiquette, and provide exceptional customer
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and if hired, must
provide proof of vaccinationAt Avita, you can be the care.
Compassionate care is at the heart of everything we do. Avita is
committed to reducing health inequities by bringing compassionate
LGBTQ+, HIV, PrEP, and sexual wellness care to its covered entity
partners and patients. With a trusted suite of 340B program
solutions, integrated pharmacy services, and holistic care
approaches, Avita provides award-winning care for more than 145,000
patients through over 320 covered entities at 65+ locations
nationwide. Join Avita and get inspired to be the care that unlocks
the full potential of health for all.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401k,
vision, pet insurance, life insurance, FSA, HSA, award recognition,
professional development, and career growth opportunities.
Avita is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is
subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. Avita does
not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any
other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the
Company has facilities. Avita also provides reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any
other state or local laws.
Keywords: Avita Pharmacy, Abilene , Part-Time Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!