Business Analyst - Power
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Business Analyst - Power
The Business Analyst (BA) will join a global team of Business
Analysts and will be based in Gunvor's Stamford, Connecticut
office.The selected candidates will focus on gathering, analyzing,
designing, integrating and maintaining all modules of related to
Power trading, developed OATI CTRM. The candidate should oversee
and be part of all the in-house CTRM deliveries alongside another
Senior Business Analyst also working on Power. The main area of
focus and expertise expected are Front, Operations and Risk. The
successful candidates should be very experienced in dealing with
CTRM developments and demonstrate ability to go through complex
specification of the Software features.
- Liaises internally and build close, collaborative relationships
with his user's base
- Grow and build strong relationship with existing BAs and
- Be part of large IT Programme of over 100 people (BA, DEV & QA)
working in the development and enhancement of this CTRM Key
- Demonstrate service-oriented approach, an understanding of the
customer's business needs and be able to achieve and maintain high
customer satisfaction ratings.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
- Act as a BA for Power Oil Front office module(s) , Ops Modules
and potentially Risk Modules/Post-trade.
- Developing forward-thinking systems and features within the
CTRM and outside (i.e Reporting /BI tools, AI)
- Design integrated solutions with other product owners across
locations (Finance, Front, Accounting) and across commodities (Oil,
- Work hand-in-hand with his dedicated team of C# (wpf)
- Keep a constant specified and prioritized backlog of stories to
develop and lead the development throughout Daily Stand-up and
- Assist in organizing the Support Team to maintain smooth
day-to-day and act as a 2nd level Support when required. Daily and
- Participate in daily standups
- Gather requirements across the group's location and department
in relation to the Power Desk
- Run workshops with Business and IT (dev, qa)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of specification in JIRA (Taking
part actively in backlog refinement sessions with the Agile
- Report to the Programme Manager the progress of your
- Train 1st level support and act as a 2nd level support on the
modules you will be responsible for.
- Work hand-in-hand with the QA (testers) in the testing of your
stories and always help them improve the regression tests
- Provide quick-wins to your user base (i.e. Using PowerBI report
for instance) Profile/ Key Skills
- Formal education, ideally at University level or equivalent
level of certification and experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of previous relevant professional
- Proven experience as a business analyst, capable of
understanding business requirements and implementing them
- Proven experience in lengthy implementation and/or upgrade of
CTRM/ETRM, Trading (Physical/Financial) and its associated Front to
- Strong knowledge of Power Trading
- Experience of providing excellent Customer Service to a local
and global user base.
- Expert communicator
- Strong BA
- Team player with ability to exercise flexibility, demonstrate
initiative to ensure the business needs are met in a proactive
manner with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially communication, able to
communicate technical solutions to non-technical users, in a multi
cultured working environment and able to cope in
stressful/difficult/conflict situations in a serviced oriented
- Highly organized and possess analytical and problem-solving
- Be self-motivated and creative and able to work with minimum
- Understanding of database design, SQL and Report generation
within business applications.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- General skills on ICT technologies. Desirable Skills and
- Good knowledge of any of the following commodities (Gas, Oil,
Coal, Emissions, Agriculture) and has the ability to learn.
- Other languages in addition to English will be useful but not
mandatory, e.g. French, Russian
- Certifications/experience on any of the following will be very
useful: Microsoft software technologies, Software design,
development and testing methodologies / concepts, Project
management, ITIL., Technical certification
- Strong SQL/phyton skills. Ability to debug/write stored
- Ability to do PowerBI reports (or other BI tools)
If you think the open position you see is right for you, we
encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Keywords: Gunvor, Abilene , Business Analyst - Power, Professions , Stamford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...