Company: USG Corporation
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Production Operator Board #3Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper
specifications are met.
- Ensures all product quality parameters of position are adhered
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into
- Ensures that all areas of responsibility are swept, all
equipment etc. is dusted off daily.
- Responsible for reporting all abnormal conditions to the
supervisor, including any equipment performance problems,
malfunctions, or failures. Qualifications & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and
follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting.
- Process will involve quality data or require comments related
to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
Read measuring devices-standard tape measure down to 1/32'' and a
micrometer down to 0.001''.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in
Microsoft Office Programs. Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
(Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas
of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands
importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications
to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure
product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment
associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift
certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule. Rate of pay may be
adjusted based on the qualifications and experience of the
candidate.USG employees enjoy a number of benefit options for
themselves and their families. These include two medical insurance
options, as well as vision and dental coverage. The cost of these
optional programs varies based on coverage level - employees
generally pay 25% of the monthly premium cost, USG pays the rest.
These coverage options are offered on the first day of employment
with no waiting period.Additionally, USG employees enjoy both a
401(k) Investment Plan with company match and a pension plan.
Beyond these main features, employees may also choose from a number
of additional programs like life insurance, accident insurance,
legal insurance, even pet insurance, just to name a few. USG also
offers Quarterly (hourly) / Annual (salary) bonus potential for all
employees based on performance metrics tied to safety, quality, and
productivity. -USG also provides employees with paid time off and
paid holidays.Since 1902, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in
producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build
everything from major commercial developments and residential
housing to home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the
highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything
we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business
values - innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity,
efficiency and safety - have helped us become the company we are
today. -EOE including disability/veteran
Keywords: USG Corporation, Abilene , Production Operator, Professions , Sweetwater, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...