Posted on: October 9, 2018
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary:Safely and effectively performs diagnostic testing and repairs on extensive electrical systems, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems in order to ensure continuous operation of production equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Performs planned electrical maintenance on all equipment and machinery for the thermoforming and extrusion process to ensure the integrity of electrical systems.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repair/maintain all equipment and machinery for the thermoforming process including trim presses, extruders, formers, crystallizers, dryers, conveyors, and grinders.
- Modifies new and existing equipment for performance improvements and upgrades.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
Competencies: Analytical, problem solving, project management, strong technical/functional skills, customer service, interpersonal skills, oral communication, written communications, teamwork, judgment, motivation, planning, organizing, professionalism, quality, quantity, safety, adaptability, attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation, time management, organizing, mechanical aptitude, electrical aptitude, detail oriented
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalency; 3-5 years related experience; 2 Year Electrical Technology degree preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, blue print reading (mechanical/electrical), knowledge of AC and Dc drive systems required.
- Previous electrical experience with troubleshooting capabilities; Previous mechanical experience with troubleshooting capabilities; Knowledge of PLCs is required.
- Experience in Mitsubishi, OMRON, and Siemens PLCs preferred. Must have own tools and be able to use them safely and effectively;
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential. Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as needed
Computer Skills: Basic PC literacy including MS Office applications, Lotus Notes and SAP
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Work Environment: Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes, may work at heights and within confinedAt Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. 'IND1P' #ZR
Keywords: Pactiv, Abilene , Electrician Specialist, Professions , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!