Inpatient Dialysis RN - Abilene, Texas - Dialysis
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Inpatient Dialysis RN - Abilene, TexasAbout this role: As an
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN) with Fresenius Medical Care,
you will support patients in a hospital setting within a network of
local hospitals. You will use your leadership skills and
independence in administering and assessing each patient's unique
treatment plan in a fast-paced environment, working autonomously
alongside the inpatient staff in ICU, CCU, and ED units.How you
grow or advance: As an Acute Dialysis RN, you will enter our
Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) which will allow you to develop
clinical leadership skills, have an opportunity to share your
expertise with others, and be recognized for your experience,
knowledge, and clinical expertise. All new hires will begin at the
appropriate CAP level based on prior experience and education.Our
culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset - we
value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you
may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your
education goals, scholarships to family members, relief when
natural disasters strike, and financial support when personal
hardship hits; we take care of our people.Our focus on diversity:
We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age,
race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural
tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups
(ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social
and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for
professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and
peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage
opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous
asset that sets us apart.At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly
make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney
disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been
looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of
healthcare, apply today.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:As a
member of the nephrology health care team, you will participate in
decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes in the
- Provides safe effective patient care and perform all essential
functions of Acute RN under supervision.
- Documents and enters patient data -before, during and after
- Monitors and recognizes aspects and implications of patient
status that vary from normal and modify the treatment plan in
collaboration with appropriate healthcare team members.
- Communicates with dialysis providers and appropriate hospital
personnel to provide continuity of patient care.
- Administers medications as prescribed and in accordance with
- Ensures nephrology physician orders for assigned patients are
received and entered in the medical record.
- Be familiar with both Fresenius Medical Care and hospital
emergency--policies and initiate or assist with emergency response
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff.
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to Fresenius Medical Care policy and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment, and environmental
- Provides initial and ongoing education to patients and
- Coaches hospital staff on specialized care related to renal
replacement and apheresis therapies (as needed).
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to update the care
plan for assigned patients.
- Completes and document ongoing participation in Continuous
Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
- Serves as a resource for healthcare team and participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Assists in an outpatient facility on an as needed basis.
- All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care and applicable contractual
service policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state,
and federal regulations.
- Complete NNAP requirements to either maintain or advance within
the program. EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for
colleagues, collaborative, reliable, flexible, independent.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse (bonus but
- Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (bonus but not
- Minimum 6 months nephrology experience required before working
independently and/or be on-call.
- Successfully pass a Ishihara's Color Blindness Test.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Areas of practice are diverse, including, but not limited to,
the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal
replacement therapies, and apheresis.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines, and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
- Day-to-day work includes desk work, computer work, and
interaction with patients, facility/hospital staff, and physicians.
The position requires travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community and travel to regional
meetings may be required.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation. (Nights,
weekends, or as defined by individual program needs).EO/AA
Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws."
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Abilene , Inpatient Dialysis RN - Abilene, Texas - Dialysis, Healthcare , Abilene, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!